Monday, October 24, 2011

choose one character from the movie and compare and contrast your experiences 'becoming American' with him/her (refer to your handout with notes on the scenes we have watched)

 

I went through the same stage with Ashima when she felt lonely and no one beside her in the first couples months of her life in US. Then slowly i started to get used to life here. The food was the most thing i couldn't accepted here. But by the time, i found my self be able to eat the traditional American food " Hot dog, Pizza and Cheeseburger" but not  the "Garbage plate".

Also, Ashima went through the five stages of the what we call it " the culture shock", which starts with the Honey moon and ends up with the re-entry culture shock, when she came back with her family back to India. I'm a kind of person who can't get adapted to new environment easily. And also, i like to keep my traditions and values and i won't change myself to other kind of  personality, just because that here people's actions are different from me. I believe in " accept me as whole or walk away ", just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be, don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.


This is little pit above and buoyed what you asked me to answer, but this is my opinion, take it or leave it. 


sorry i couldn't be able to record this , because i coughed so much when i triad to recorded 
this paragraph.


thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Could You please Feed my fish ?