Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rochester Subway



I went to the Rochester subway tunnels with my teacher and classmates. I have never been there. However, most people have never been there before .In fact Mr. Tom told us that only 500 people have visited the subway. First, Mr.Tom Hack, a structural engineer with the City of Rochester, talked to us about the " subway"  briefly in the public library near to the subway . After that we went to the tunnels with Mr.Tom, and it was very dark and unclean. I saw a lot of very professional painting works on the tunnel's walls. I hope that the city of Rochester government takes care of  subway tunnels and rebuilds it again. I heard from Mr.Tom, that the government established a new project for rebuilding and reconstructing the whole subway. Finally,I would like to thank CIE for this trip and thank Mr.Tom Hack.


Thank you

Yousif

3 comments:

  1. Yousif,
    I hope you enjoyed the tour and found the history to be interesting. It's true that Rochester is not a very friendly city for those without a car. I wonder if a subway system in Rochester could work in today's economy.

    - Linda
    By the way, I like the photo. Did you take that during our tour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I took this picture last week.

    You can see the ghosts in the picture. They are very cute !!

    " Joking" ^^

    ReplyDelete

Could You please Feed my fish ?